Tuesday, December 11, 2012

P1_post4

     The company that I would like to work for is Naughty Dog as a script writer. Naughty Dog I a video game publisher that works exclusively with Sony and has made a lot of great triple-A titles. I have chosen their company above others because they design their games like movies and put a lot of emphasis on good graphics and depth of storytelling. They are owned by veterans of the gaming industry who have been in the business for years, most of whom started out as writers to begin with. I think that my creativity would be a welcome addition to the artistic core of their company. Here are the 5 questions that I would make sure to ask upon getting an interview.


1. What are the benefits and perks that I will receive upon my employment?


2. What other forms of media entertainment besides games, if any, do you see your company expanding into?


3. Would I be able to work on other endeavors (Side Projects) privately or would all the art I create on my own time be owned by your company by contract as long as I am employed with you?


4. Is their some form of advancement. If so, how often and what are the parameters? Or is this a flat management model?


5. If I have other skills besides script writing that can contribute to whatever project that I or a team might be working on, can they be utilized or would I only be hired for one specific position?

   
     From what I have read on their career page, they seem not to require several years of industry experience just to get your foot in the door, which really surprised me. They seem to focus more on the creative aspect along with your problem solving abilities. You have to have general knowledge of computer science and writing code, but you do not have to have several years of doing under your belt to be considered for employment. If they like your portfolio and artistic vision and drive, they will most likely have a place for you. I like the idea of working for a company that is ran by artists and writers rather than some bureaucratic bean counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment