Tuesday, December 11, 2012

P1_post5

   From all of the research that I have done, I have learned that it is a very competitive market for the jobs that I would like to do. But thanks to the internet, it seems like there is more oppurtunity to find work in these various fields than previously before. I think I see myself writing reviews and comments and posting them to different web sites as a starting off point. I have heard that this is a good way to build a reputation in the entertainment industry. Everyone has to start out somewhere.

   Due to this being my first quarter, I still am unsure of the direction that I want to go. But now I am more informed and I can start the process of tightening the noose on what my interests and strengths will be. As I progress through my schooling, the path I should take should start to manifest itself more and more. The good thing about pursuing an occupation in the new digital age of media is that there are so many different fields to choose from. It seems that if you have the basic knowledge of how to get things done along with the tools to perform the tasks set before you properly, the only limits are that of your own creativity and imagination. I am looking forward to finding out how I will fit into it all.

   I dabbled in Photoshop while I was working on my final project for my Intro to Game Design class, and I find it fascinating! I can't wait until I take it. We are truly blessed to be living in such an age of technological convenience...I am also very interested in the BDAD program. I like the idea of coming up with other ideas and innovations. I have been told that I have an uncanny knack for solving problems and finding alternate ways of doing things. I wouldn't mind stepping up to the mental plate and putting my intuitive skills to the test.

   Since this is my last assignment for this class, I would like to thank all the partners that I had for projects for all the input that they have given me along the way. I would also like to wish everybody in class all the best in whatever endeavors that they might pursue. And I would also like to thank our instructor Karen Holum for all the time she has taken to help me better understand digital media. I found the history of written script project very interesting. I'm kind of embarrassed. As an aspiring writer, I should know about how it all came to be. But thanks to her, now I do.

   Merry Christmas, everyone! I look forward to seeing you all around campus next quarter. Keep on crusading...

-Shaun

2 comments:

  1. Yea internet made it really easier to find jobs. Looking for jobs is effortless because of internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the kind words. Merry Christmas to you as well.

    ReplyDelete